4:30pm - 6:00pm at Weir Park
Mon(W) Tues(W) Wed(J) Thurs(?) Frid(?)
W - West. E - East. J - Judson.
WEEK THEME: "Under Over & Change Ups"
TASK & DESCRIPTIONS
SKILL: Contact Point - Learn where to make contact on the ball for groundstrokes and volleys. There are 3 areas on the ball that are relevant to controlling the ball:
• Inside of the ball at the bottom. Directs the ball inside-out.
• Middle of the ball at the bottom. Directs the ball straight.
• Outside of the ball at the bottom. Directs the ball cross-court.
PLAYABILITY: Control - The exercise in general is to stroke the ball from the ground to 3 height levels to three areas of the court on the baseline. The areas are Ad, Duece, and Center-Mark. The Height levels are:
• B-line (from A to B) lower height net clearance.
• C-line (from A to C) medium height net clearance.
• D-line (from A to D) high height net clearance.
Each of these height levels will have a degree of topspin. Topspin revolutions will vary based on the player and the height.
MINDSET: Aggressive - Attacking the ball with an intentional purpose for its height and bounce. THINK in these Terms for B, C, & D Ball Use:
• B-line to apply more ball speed/power pressure to your opponent.
• C-line to keep your opponent at bay or behind the baseline.
• D-line to move your opponent back away from the baseline.